Monday 13 March 2017

Pakistan blog series: Learning more about Akhuwat

In February 2017 I was lucky enough to visit our microfinance partner in Pakistan, Akhuwat. Please read my series of blogs to share my experience and insights into this inspiring organisation.

If you are interested in reading more about Islamic microfinance, my colleague Dr Ajaz Ahmed Khan and renowned microfinance experience Dr Malcolm Harper will soon publish a book on Islamic microfinance, which contains a chapter on Akhuwat.


You can pre-order a copy from Waterstones here or Amazon here.

Although this blog post is about my trip to visit Lendwithcare funded entrepreneurs, I couldn't resist including some information and pictures of my last day in the beautiful city of Lahore. Incidentally, if you are interested in beautiful photography of architecture and nature, do follow my colleague Shakeel Ishaq from Akhuwat on Instagram.


I consider myself extremely lucky to have visited such a beautiful city as Lahore, and even luckier to have spent time with the most inspiration people: the staff of Akhuwat. You too can be inspired by the Akhuwat model by watching this short film of Dr Amjad Saqib when he came to London to speak to Lendwithcare lenders in 2014.

Tracey Horner
Head of Lendwithcare

No comments:

Post a Comment